"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

8/4/07

Oops! Fridays Feast 8/4/07

I know today is not Friday. Yesterday I thought, all day long, it was Thursday. Didn't discover until this morning that I'm a day behind. I spent Friday doing load after load of laundry, puttering around the house, and knitting. I have finished the Pea Pod Cardigan, buttons and all. Pictures to come soon. Got a few inches done on the second Monkey Sock too.

This morning, at 8am, the phone rang. It was nephew Ryan and his wife and son. They are in town headed to our house. Yeeks! I better get dressed! He is here for a high school reunion. We had a nice visit. We'll be having a family bar-b-que tomorrow evening so everyone can see them, and everyone can see Chet and Diane too. Rumor has it that Mac, Ryan's brother, is supposed to be here this weekend. But a lot of times we don't really know what Mac's doing until he does it. So, I will believe it when I see him.

After Ryan and Marie's visit, sweet hubby and I headed to the annual company picnic-an event hosted by the company he works for. We had lots of food and drink, and games. I actually won a game of Bingo. My prize is a bag of movie popcorn and a $25 gift certificate for Hastings, a book store. Cool! I LOVE books. I am rather surprised cos normally I just don't win stuff like this.

Daughter Sarah won a game of Bingo too. She won a very nice assortment of tea and a Costco gift certificate.

Sweet Hubby took second place in the Goof Ball tournament, and won $25 cash. So, all in all, I'd say the family scored pretty good.

Doug and Dan were also victims of the Dunk Tank. Dan was scheduled for it to begin with. But I felt the need to attempt a drowning of Sweet Hubby (Don't know why. Just sounded fun at the time.) So I signed him up for a 10 minute 'volunteer'. I can't throw a ball. In fact, I doubt I could hit the broad side of a barn from 6 feet away, but I tried. Didn't succeed, unfortunately. Many others dunked him good for me though-after Dan poured a big bag of ice into the dunk tank. It was fun. Dunking Dan was fun to watch too.

Appetizer
On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being highest, how polite are you?
10. In fact, I might even say 14. I tend to be too polite, to the detriment of my own health and well being. I hate hurting or offending anyone. Even people I can't stand.

Soup
What was the last thing that made you laugh out loud?
I laughed out loud a lot today, so far. Hmm...the last thing.....I guess it would be when Greg (hubby's boss) got dunked in the dunk tank earlier today.

Salad
Who is your favorite cartoon character?
Yosemite Sam. I just adore his big red mustache.

Main Course
Tell about the funniest teacher you ever had.
That would be my math teacher in high school, Mr. Chenier. I adored him. He was a regular nut, and one of my most favorite teachers. There are several things he did that were hilarious.

1. He would assign numbers to everyone, then throw darts at a numbered dart board to get 'volunteers' to do problems on the board. One time he missed the dart board and hit the chalk board instead-which then shattered and fell on the floor. That was pretty darn funny.

2. When we were taking quizzes or tests, he'd walk around the room flipping the stapler open and shut. It made a most annoying clicking sound. One day I told him if he didn't watch it he was gonna staple his thumbs together. Immediately after I said that-BANG, the stapler shut-right on his thumbs! Hee hee.

3. Sometimes he'd wear his 'banana' shoes. A pair of loafers he painted banana yellow, with hideous polyester plaid pants and a big flowered shirt. He did it for laughs, no denying that.

I wonder if he's still around?

Dessert
Complete this sentence: I strongly believe that _churches are dangerous_. I'm not going to explain that one right now, but I do believe it strongly.

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment