"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

6/10/07

Pattern Updated

I spent the morning fixing some of the problems brought to my attention in the free pattern. It should be easier to understand now. Let me know what you think.

Embellish Me

Last night we went to see the new Pirates of the Carribean-at Worlds End movie. I enjoyed it very much, though there was one thing I didn't like about it. They spent the whole movie building up to the release of the goddess Calypso from her human form, and then when she was released it was so anticlimatic and flat I almost cried with disappointment. Here I thought there'd be a great revenge scene and ......nothing. She grows giant, and disappears. Whoop-dee-doo. It sucked. The rest of the movie was good though. Especially the fight scenes, and the special effects.

This afternoon my daughter Ruth and I went for a stroll in the back yard. The cats went with us, though Chenille chickened out about a quarter of the way, meowed at us loudly, and went home. The grass and whatnot is getting pretty tall on the trails now. I suppose it can be difficult to wade through when you're only eight inches tall.

We spooked a mama grouse and her nest of little babies. She kept flying ahead of us and pretending the lame wing routine to get us away from them. We weren't interested. Well, Silver was I suppose, but we didn't let him explore the possibilities for a snack. The babies were so cute! We left them alone and went on our merry way (Silver pouted).

I checked to see if the Lady Slipper was in bloom (down the hill from our house). It wasn't even there. Didn't sprout this time. I was afraid that would happen. They prefer protected shady spots and the trees that were around it to give it that environment are gone now (stupid storm!), so it's too sunny in that spot. Rats! I did everything I could to save it because it's on the endangered species list, but I guess things were just too different for it. I wonder if the Phantom Orchid will sprout this year? Another rare one growin' in my back yard. I'll have to go check on it in a few days or so.

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment