"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

6/6/07

New Earrings

Bead group was fine yesterday, though I didn't get to work on the project I'd planned on. I'm making a tubular peyote strap for the current beaded knit pendant bag I'm working on and I forgot my chart, so I couldn't work on it (definitely need the chart). Fortunately, there was an uncompleted project in the case that I could work on or I'd have had to buy beads and start something new (Oh horrors!). So I worked on a tiny little peyote box from Julia Pretl. Another project to learn from. The pattern is free, though you need the book she sells to finish it.

Here's a pic of my Monkey Sock, so far. Of course, it's purple, well, actually Iris-Blushing Pink. I got the yarn on Etsy.com from Wild Meadows Yarns , hand dyed superwash wool/nylon blend. It's very very soft. I'm lovin' the pattern.

With Rathdrum Days fast approaching, and me having paid for a booth in the craft fair part, I'm in bead jewelry production mode. I made some earrings over the weekend. This is a kit I bought from Pamela Welborn Designs. I've been wanting to learn how to do Dream Catcher earrings for quite some time. Pamy's kit was a great way to learn. Hoops are 26mm, beads are size 15, the catcher part is a metallic thread in silver.


This is another Pamela Welborn Design called Alternate Dream Catcher. The hoops are 26mm. I just love this shade of purple. I used one strand of DMC metallic embroidery floss for the weaving and size 15 beads.

A couple weeks or so ago my daughter Sarah took me to a little gift shop near Lewiston, Idaho that sells beads. I found these square 'hoops' there. After making the above earrings, it was a natural progression for me to start wondering if that same pattern would work on these. I absolutely love the way they turned out. These hoops are much larger (40mm?), so I used size 11 seed beads and 2 strands of the DMC metallic embroidery floss in red.


This afternoon I have my Knit Wits meeting to attend. I will work on the Nautiloid toy I haven't finished yet. There's a spinning meeting this morning, but I'm going to skip it this month. Too much to do.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment