"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

6/17/07

Happy Fathers Day!

To all the Dads out there, Happy Fathers Day!

I called my Dad, he got his present on Friday. If you will remember, I sent him a remote control airplane. It was a complete surprise. When I asked him if he got his present, he started laughing and said "That's quite a gift!" He hasn't tried flying it yet. I think it's a little intimidating for him. He said he "didn't know they made them that way". Yes Dad, even toy technology has changed over the years. Heh heh. Anyway, he's waiting until grandson Joey can come over and fly it with him. In the meantime, he's working on his garden today.

Gramma is doing okay. They had to put her in an extended care home last week. She's just not able to take care of herself any more. It was a tough decision for my Dad and his brothers to make, but I know she'll be better off there. Gramma lost her eyesite several years ago (she's 93?) and now she's falling down a lot and stuff. Someone needs to be there with her 24 hours a day. In the home she'll get that, plus there's other people living there. She might actually develop a social life and friends. Wouldn't that be great?

Remember the slippers I made my Gramma? Well, everyone has got to see them, and now EVERYONE wants a pair. Even my Uncle Jimmy! I told Dad to get everybody's shoe sizes and color choices, and I'll see what I can do.

WANT SOME AWESOME SOCK BLOCKERS? Go to this Ebay store:


I just ordered some Oak blockers with deer heads carved in the top. They're beautiful. Click on the picture to go there.


Well, we're off to Spokane. Sweet Hubby wants a digital camera for Father's Day. I decided to let him pick it out cos I know I'd probably pick something he wouldn't like.

Have a great Holiday, everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment