"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

4/17/07

Entry #35

Couldn't think of a decent title, so this will have to do. Went to bead group this morning, as usual. Just me, Cindy, and Bill this time. I have so much fun with those two. As people go, they are a couple of the very best this earth has to offer. I'm honored to be able to count them as friends.

I've more or less finished the basic bag. I say more or less cos I'm debating if I want to embellish it or not. It's very plain, but then, that was the whole point. On the other hand, I don't like plain. Not when there are SO MANY embellishment options out there. I'm seriously thinking about putting a snap in the middle of it and making a bunch of cool gizmo's to snap to it. Fringes, buttons, cool focal beads....it would be fun to see how many I could come up with. Heh heh..... nah, lets keep to the point.

I finished the bag-strap and all-before heading to bead group, so I loaded up the case with intent to start another one, a much fancier one. I'm looking at 5 colors of beads, and lots of fringy loops. (The spell checker is having a problem with fringy-muahahahaha.........) I'd say more, but I have no idea how to put it in words at the moment. Think 1920's flapper girl? I picked 5 shades of teal, and a light silvery gray thread. It's gonna look really pretty--assuming it comes out looking like the picture in my head. I calculated the bead needs, and got about 1/3 of it strung. It's hard to yak, laugh, and count beads at the same time. I'd count 16, then burst out laughing and have to start all over again. Bill is gonna kill me from making me laugh. Just imagine the headstone.

"Here lies our Mom. Obsessed knitter, beader, stitcher. Died laughing." That's not a bad way to go.

Back to the subject. I'm finding out there's going to be a little problem with writing this book. I've already come up with so many ideas for patterns there will have to be a volume 2. Arrrgh! Dear hubby said that would happen. Does he know me? or Does he know me? I will have to cull them a bit. I'll keep chanting to myself "save some for later...." Hmmm...there's no reason why the extras can't be individual patterns I could publish for purchase, or magazines maybe?

Sarah called this afternoon. 4 weeks left of school. It's starting to 'weird her out' as she put it. When you're 21, and you've been going to school for 17 years, the thought of NOT going to school can be a bit daunting. Things are progressing with the job. She knows her salary (none of your business!), her benefits, and when she starts, and she's filled out all the necessary forms required by the IRS. What an adventure for her! Brings back memories of when I left college and started working. I didn't graduate though, and she's getting a much better job than I got. So she's got one up on me.

Or is that two?

Have a great day.

1 comment: