"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

3/31/07

Teaching Today

I'm teaching today. Gonna do the Chevron Chain from Diane Fitzgerald's web site. I'm told I've got six students. This is one of those rare times when I really wish I could cancel the class.

After yesterdays blogging, I went outside to set up a chair on the lawn so I could knit in the beautiful sunshine, and promptly fell down the steps. I didn't break anything, but I sprained my right ankle, scraped the skin off my right knee, and have bruises all over. I guess I'm lucky to be alive. I'm glad there were railings. They saved me. So, besides the headache that won't go away, my ankle is swollen and throbbing, and I ache everywhere else too. I've tried all the pain killers in the cabinet. None of them are working. Sigh.

Alas, the show must go on. I will teach.

I hope April isn't as hard on my body as March has been.

1 comment: