"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

3/28/07

Slippers for Gramma

I got my Swirl hat done. Now I'm working on slippers for Gramma. I talked to Dad last week and he asked me to make her a new pair because the ones she has are just about worn all the way through.


















A couple years ago I made a lovely pair of knit felted slippers for my Dad for Christmas. I used a blue denim colored Lopi, if I remember correctly, and a Fiber Trends slipper pattern. My Dad loved them. However, he didn't get to keep them. He took them over to his mothers house to show them to her. He said she grabbed them and wouldn't give them back. So I had to make him a new pair. For 2 years Gramma, with her size 8 womens feet, has been wearing mens size 13 slippers, and loving them. She wouldn't hear of me making her own pair at the time. Dad says it's time to chuck them and get her new ones.

I'm using some lovely purple wool and a hairy yarn that is pale shades of lavender and green, using the new Alpine Boot pattern I mentioned earlier.
























Here's the first slipper, knitted. I still have to sew the sole seam, and of course, it's not felted yet. I do like the colors very much. Unfortunately, my Gramma is blind, so she won't be able to see them.




















This is the new sock yarn I got at the Spin In. Isn't it pretty?

1 comment:

  1. How nice yarn! I mean that mint colored one and the one next to it in the same picture.

    ReplyDelete