"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

3/22/07

Okay, Here Goes....

I have decided to write a book. My daughter Sarah told me I should do this when she was here for spring break. My husband has been encouraging me to do it for even longer. What's the worst that could happen? No one would publish it. In the meantime, I've had some fun writing a book.
It's funny. When I was a little girl I wanted to write books. Finally, 40 years later, I'm going to take the plunge and do it.

What will I write about? Bead knitting. I've got all these wonderful designs and ideas I've come up with for bead knitted things. Even wrote up a couple of them into actual patterns for sale-briefly, on Ebay. Yech! Didn't like it. I am LOATH to try and publish and market the patterns individually. Been there, done that, no fun.

A book is different though. Gather them all up into one place, with nice little chapter names, beautiful photos, and whatnot. No one has a book like what I've got in mind, as far as I've been able to determine. So maybe I can get it published.

Ha! I have NO idea how to go about doing that. Hubby says don't worry until I've actually got it written and ready. Already, I'm feeling anxious about it. (There are times when having Panic Attack Anxiety Disorder really SUCKS!) However, I will never know unless I try. Who knows. I could be the next Nicky Epstein or Carol Wilcox Wells. That might be fun.

In the meantime, here's a couple of items I've made in the bead knitting department. Not my designs though. These are from Theresa Williams little book called Bead Knitted Pendant Bags. The pink one I call Spring Garden. Of all the pendant bags I've knit, this one is my most favorite.

The next two pictures are of my boys. I have two little Italian Greyhounds. My sons with fur. The Blue and White one is Morgan, age 11. The White and Black one is Tommy, age 6.






No comments:

Post a Comment