"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

3/20/07

My Loved Ones are Trying to Kill Me

My feet now hate me. Okay, as I mentioned Sunday, I was going walking with my friends Cindy and Jean-2 miles. This after an 11 mile bike ride on Sunday with hubby and the in-laws. I'm not feeling all that chipper, but I went anyway. I can walk a couple miles, right? We went almost 4 miles. Was just walking along chatting, not sure how far we were going, got to a point, turned around, and walked back. When we got back to the car Jean's pedometer said more than 5000 steps. That's almost 4 miles.

It was a beautiful day for walking. We walked on the Coeur d'Alene Centennial trail in Post Falls. We could see the falls from the trail. We also found some Buttercups blooming-HOORAY! Spring has sprung.

I am not exercising today. My feet and knees would divorce me if I did. So I'm going to call this a bead day. I've got bead group this morning, so that will be fun. I've started a cabochon project. A few years ago I bought some cabochons from a booth at the Spokane Fair. This fellow worked with dichroic glass. He had a basket full of his 'mistakes'. Cabochons that he wasn't happy with, so he was selling them for a buck apiece. I bought a few of them. I used one already. You'll find a pic of it in my blog titled Red Peyote Spiral (Dichroic in Black).

The cab I'm using now is funky in shape. It's sort of a rectangle with rounded corners. I say sort of. You'll understand when you see the finished photo. Anyway, the cab is clear with spots of green, teal, yellow, celery, purple, and a bit of silver in it. I'm using celery green and purple for the bezel. I'm thinking about putting branch fringe around it. Something funky for a funky cab.

No comments:

Post a Comment