"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

3/16/07

Bead Shopping

Yesterday my daughter Sarah and I went bead shopping. It is so nice to have a daughter who is into one of the crafts I love as much as me. It gives us something fun to share and talk about.

Sarah was on a mission. Not sure what she's making, she wouldn't say. But she had definite ideas on what she wanted. To start, I took her to the new bead shop in Coeur d'Alene called Bead Creative. They have lots of lamp work there because one of the owners does lamp work. I found an awesome pendant. It's hard to describe, but inside it looks like a bright explosion in the dark night sky in 3-D. I'd take a photo, but it wouldn't do it justice. Just trust me, it's like nothing I've ever seen before.

After Bead Creative, I decided to take Sarah into Spokane Valley to the Beyond Beads Gallery. By now I'm understanding she's looking for a Chili Pepper, and some delicas. Surely BBG would have a Chili Pepper? Alas, it did not. But we had a good time looking. This store has so MUCH to look at. Definitely the largest selection around. Lots of Czech beads, Swarovski crystals, seeds, and semiprecious stones. No Chili Peppers or delicas though.

We then went to Cindy's place, Beading Buddies, in Post Falls. Darn if she didn't have everything Sarah wanted. Even the Chili Pepper. Should have gone there first, but then we wouldn't have gone to the other shops and had so much fun together.

No comments:

Post a Comment